Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Newark smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full charge of your Newark home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Newark do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even speak to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check current or saved video from your integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Newark by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Newark
Although multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, choose phone or email and provide the details to send an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Newark security system. Dial (973) 566-5423 to get started.